Save $5 on a new Lyft rider account
Use code 5up to save $5 on your first ride.
Do you want to be a Lyft driver?
Want to be earn extra cash? Use this code to get a $650 signup bonus: https://www.lyft.com/drivers/650up
What are the requirements to drive?
- You must be at least 21 years old
- Lyft car requirements: 4-door car that is year 2006 or newer and seats 4 passengers. Model year varies in many cities and states.
- Complete a vehicle inspection that covers mechanical and cosmetic condition
- You must have in-state insurance with your name on the policy
- Must have an in-state US driver’s license and one full year of US driving experience
- In-state plates with a current registration
- Pass a background check and a driving record check
- Own a smartphone: iPhone 5s or newer running iOS 10+, Android devices running 7+
- Comply with any local regulations in your area
Is there any equipment I need in my car?
There aren’t any specific requirements, but there are some things that will greatly improve your experience and get better tips. Get a car mount for you phone before you start driving. Then buy other things as you get paid. Listed in order of importance:
- Car mount for your phone
- I like to have different colors for my cables and cables for passengers. Silver multi end cabled for passengers, easier to see in the dark. Red for my cables.
- These cables will get a lot of use, do not get cheap cables, they will fall apart too fast. I prefer nylon braided cables.
- I have two multi-end charging cables hanging for passengers to use, I get many comments on these cables. I cannot strongly enough recommend these cables:
- Bluetooth ear buds
- Water, gum, mints
- Basic cleaning supplies
- Glass and Surface cleaner
- Lint free cloth wipes
- Odor spray
- Paper towels
- Vomit bags
- Portable vacuum
- I love this one, I use it every day